Christmas tree collection
So much happens during the festive season to put us in the Christmas spirit, not least putting up a Christmas tree as a centrepiece. For many Greenwich residents, a real Christmas tree is the way to go, adding a classic touch to the property. However, this raises the question, what do you do with your tree once the season ends? We’ve developed a collection and a delivery service so that you can get hold of a tree easily and have it responsibly recycled once it’s no longer needed. This takes the hassle out of the process, ensures your property stays clutter-free, and prevents the environment from being harmed. Just reach out to our team on 020 3092 2961 to get started.
Christmas tree collection
Not all green waste is as easy to deal with as mown grass and hedge trimmings! Dealing with a large Christmas tree once it’s no longer needed can pose a challenge for Greenwich residents. The added complexity of handling a large holiday centrepiece might not even be a great fit for the skills of a standard garden waste service. At Junk Taxi, we’re used to transporting large, bulky, and unwieldy items, making us the ideal choice for Christmas tree waste pickup. Our collection service is hassle-free, ensuring that Greenwich customers can promptly clear space within their property. Just get in touch and tell us your requirements – we’ll take it from there.
Christmas tree delivery in Greenwich
If you’re dreaming of a real Christmas tree this holiday season, don’t feel put out by transportation difficulties. The team at Junk Taxi is used to transporting large, unwieldy items such as furniture, giving us all the skills needed to collect and deliver your Christmas tree to your home in Greenwich. Not only does this save you a job, but it also ensures that the tree arrives intact and doesn’t have to be squeezed into a car. We’ll handle all the arrangements, allowing you to focus on your other Christmas duties, such as decorating the house or wrapping presents.
Recycling your Christmas tree
Recycling your Christmas tree once you’re no longer using it is the environmentally responsible approach to follow. After it’s been collected from your Greenwich property, your tree will be repurposed and given a new lease of life:
- Your tree will be processed into wood chippings, perfect for beautifying flower beds and woodlands.
- Wood chippings can be further refined into mulch, serving gardening and public space needs.
- Lastly, your tree can become nutrient-rich compost, benefiting Greenwich homeowners and their prized gardens.
As you can see, recycling your Christmas tree is a win-win for the environment and your community. It lets you avoid these detrimental actions:
- DON’T burn your tree. Doing so can release harmful oils and fumes into Greenwich’s environment. This will have a detrimental effect on air quality.
- DON’T dispose of your tree by sending it to landfill. This approach leads to unwanted methane gas, as the tree is forced to decompose in a low-oxygen environment. Methane plays a significant role in rising global temperatures.