We’re fast approaching the time that everyone’s been waiting for – a life where we can travel wherever we want. For many, this includes the office! For more than a year, people have been making do with desks that double up as dining-tables and the constant tempting of the fridge in the corner of the room.
Although decluttering their property probably helped their productivity, we’re sure they’d benefit from a proper working environment. So, as it’s time to get your employees back to where you can keep your eye on them, why not refresh the workplace as a treat to everyone? You’ll be surprised at the benefits it could have!
Ergonomics might be a daunting term, but really it’s just the fancy way of making sure your employees are comfortable.
- Furniture is make-or-break when it comes to the health of your workers – the last thing you want is collective back pain (a work social to the physio is probably not what they had in mind!). One of the best ways to maximise comfort is investing in good quality chairs. Ample back support and adjustable settings means that employees can tailor their seating to their own preferences.
- Sit-to-stand desks are a great way to give your employees responsibility of their own health. They can choose whether to sit or to stand for a while, both options comfortable due to its versatility. Workers will appreciate having the choice as it shows that you value them.
- Storage is an easy way for employees to keep their workstations clean and tidy, which could also increase productivity. Allowing your workers to store their own belongings, giving them their own privacy and space to bring items in from home will tell them that you respect them.
- In a workplace layout, balance is key. The benefit of open-plan is that collaboration is made easy – people can call out ideas and feedback on someone else’s work. However, there is a need for solitary space. People can use cubicles to improve their focus or for private phone calls. Concentration may be easier outside of a collaborative environment, so giving your workers options is the best solution.
Aesthetics is the part where most people get excited. Making your workspace look inviting is much easier than the dreary task of choosing the right storage space. The benefit of having a workplace that is alluring to look at, clean and tidy is that employees will be more valuable.
- Make sure your workplace reflects your company’s values and the brand identity. This can be done easily, by just including your business’ colour scheme in the design. A space that has a thought-out design is more likely to inspire workers, and it gives a great impression to visitors.
- Ensuring that the workplace is spick and span is one of the most basic ways of increasing productivity and motivation. As they say, tidy life, tidy mind!
- For a while, houseplants have been all the rage. However, as well as just looking pretty it’s shown that they can also have a positive effect. For example, a university in Sydney found that having plants in the office decreased the rate of depression in employees.
So, if you’ve been wondering whether to take the leap and invest in some new office furniture and a fresh lick of paint, this is your sign to go ahead and do it! Here at Junk Taxi, we can collect your old office furniture that you’ve had lying around and dispose of it safely.
We can tailor your office clearance to your needs and offer you solutions for the best possible price. We can also collect any commercial waste that has been lingering in your workplace – it doesn’t just have to be furniture! To make your life easier, sort everything in your office into bags – this will also decrease the price…